Did you know there are ways to rid your smile of stubborn bad breath? Well, it’s true! Having bad breath can make you feel less confident. Bad breath can also be a sign of a more serious health concern lingering in your smile. That is why our team here at Chicago Osteopathic Hospital Dental Clinic PC in Chicago, Illinois, is happy to talk to you about halitosis, and how it can be treated.
The first question when it comes to consistently bad breath, also known as halitosis, is how do you treat it? Luckily, there are many different ways to treat bad breath, which include:
– Quit smoking. If you free yourself from this deadly habit, not only will you have better breath, but your overall health and quality of life will become better.
– Use mouthwash daily. Mouthwash can kill bacteria and rid your smile of lingering food particles causing the bad breath.
– Clean your tongue. Your tongue can retain bacteria that creates your bad breath.
– Brush and floss your teeth each day. Having an excellent oral health routine is the key to having positive oral health.
– Keep your saliva flowing. If you chew sugarless gum or foods like apples that entail a lot of chewing, you are flushing bad bacteria from your mouth and could help rid your mouth of bad breath.
– Visit your dentist regularly. By attending your semi-annual appointment with your dentist, Dr. William Wilson, you could be reducing plaque, tartar, cavities, and other oral health care concerns.
As you can see, there are many different methods for treating bad breath. Being able to restore the health of your smile is important for your personal life and professional life. If you understand or feel it’s time for a checkup, or still have questions about your halitosis, please call us today at 773-947-4665 to set up an appointment. Our friendly staff is thrilled to help you in any way we can.