At Chicago Osteopathic Hospital Dental Clinic PC, we believe a clean smile is a healthy smile! To keep your teeth and gums strong for a lifetime, we provide dental cleanings and exams for all the members of your family, including children and seniors. Performed by one of our dental hygienists under the direction of Dr. Wilson, Dr. Wegmann, and Dr. Choo, dental cleanings and exams are an important diagnostic and educational tool for our office. We are able to use dental cleanings to diagnose conditions, prevent decay, and help you see what we see.
During a dental cleaning and exam, we will:
- Remove built-up plaque and tartar as we clean each tooth
- Provide topical fluoride treatment for added protection
- Take a series of dental X-rays to understand your smile
- Examine each tooth for signs of decay or damage
- Make sure existing dental restorations are functioning properly
- Review your dental history and dental hygiene habits
A dental cleaning and exam is also an excellent time to discuss your questions with our dentists. We suggest coming in for a teeth cleaning in Chicago, Illinois, at least once every six months. If you are due for a visit, call our office today. Our team would be happy to schedule your visit and help you in any way we can.